The Code Compliance Division is responsible for enforcing the municipal code regulations relating to nuisance and land use violations. The Code Compliance Division reviews Code Compliance Information to learn more.
To protect the health, safety, and welfare of the residents of Lafayette and create a more beautiful and viable place to live and work by encouraging compliance through educating the community in regard to municipal code rules and regulations.
Animal control questions or complaints
Contact the Police Department's animal control division at 303-441-4444.
Neighborhood Services (Code Enforcement)
Neighborhood services will responding to violations received via, phone, email or the City’s online portal. Direct contact with residents has started again. All potential violators will be contacted via phone, email, letter, or in person.
Submit applications and sign permits to email@example.com.
- Goat, chicken, pigs, and bee permit applications: Submit electronically or by mail. (If submitting by mail, include a check for the application review).
- Permits for temporary outdoor sales storage or display of merchandise can be submitted electronically or mailed.
- Permits for temporary signs/banners: submit electronically or regular mail. They will be processed and if approved you will be notified by phone or email the permit is ready.
- Applications for new signs: submit electronically or by mail for review. Once the permit has been processed and approved, staff will contact you with the permit amount. Once payment has been processed, your permit and receipt will be mailed or emailed to you.
Applications and handouts
Find all online, or use these quick links:
- Sign Permit Application
- Temporary Outdoor Sales, Storage or Display of Merchandise
- Backyard Chicken License
- Beekeeping License
- Miniature Goat and Pot Bellied Pigs
Payment for all permits currently approved or under review:
- Pay by check: include self-addressed stamped envelope large enough to accommodate your plan set
- Deposit check in the water billing drop box located near the front entrance to City Hall. This box will be checked daily.
- Once payment has been received, your permit will be processed and mailed to you along with any plans and your receipt of payment.