Computers & WiFi
Computers are available on a drop-in basis, first come, first serve. Main lab sessions are 60 minutes, extendable to three hours per day. (Teens and kids may ask staff to extend their initial session).
- Please note: the copier, scanner, and computers are self-service; staff may offer assistance. The copier also serves as a print release station and is operated with a coin/cash vending device (credit card payments will be added soon).
- Please review our full Computer Lab and internet use policies
What you can expect during your computer use visit
- We follow Boulder County guidance on COVID protocols. See our reopening details page for most current status.
- When possible, we continue to observe physical distancing.
- Staff regularly sanitize frequently touched items like handles, counters, and copiers. Computers are cleaned at frequent intervals.
- Please review our full reopening details to see what services, programs, or items may be unavailable at this time.
- WiFi is available in the building and from the parking lot.
- Use your own device; no password required.
- Connect to Lafayette Public Library Guest; launch a browser window; read and accept terms and conditions.
- Lafayette Public Library does not provide security or virus protection.
- Lafayette Public Library is not responsible for damages due to incorrect or insufficient security or virus protection settings.
- Wireless printing from mobile devices is available when connected to Library WiFi (and after accepting terms and conditions). You may be prompted to download a printer app the first time you use this service.
View details and setup help
- You may upload non-password-protected files in common file formats to our remote printing site, then print the items from our self-serve kiosk within 24 hours. Files are only stored for 24 hours. You may call 303-661-1163 to verify that your print uploaded if you want to be certain before you come in to the Library.
- Upload files