Join Public Art Committee
There are no current openings on the Public Art Committee. Future openings will be posted here, and will also be listed on the City of Lafayette Volunteer page. Thank you for your interest in serving our community! View other ways to get involved:
- City of Lafayette volunteer opportunities (includes vacancies for other boards, commissions, and committees)
The Public Art Committee (PAC) is a volunteer, community based advisory group appointed by City Council to review proposals and make recommendations regarding the selection and display of public artwork. The PAC works closely with the Arts and Cultural Resources Department to plan and implement public art programing for Lafayette.
- The seven members serve three-year terms.
- One member serves as a member of LCAC and PAC and acts as a liaison between the two groups.
- There may be two additional alternate members.
- Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at 7pm at The Collective Community Arts Center, 201 N. Public Road.
Members are responsible for:
- Selecting public art for the annual Art on the Street sculpture on loan program and making recommendations for the purchase of public art for the permanent collection.
- Advocating for Public Art in Lafayette, and providing leadership for the Lafayette arts community.
- Making recommendations to the Public Art Coordinator regarding budgets, goals, and objectives for public art in Lafayette.
- Making recommendations and assisting with marketing and promotion of PAC projects and programs through social networks.
- Volunteering for City cultural arts programs, including, Art Night Out and the Art on the Street See and Respond Art show and reception.
Desired Qualifications or Interests
The Public Art Committee (PAC) looks for residents who want to guide, assist, and advocate for public art in Lafayette. Candidates should appreciate and value the role of arts and culture in our community.
Contact Staff Liaison
For more information, contact Stacey Bernstein, Public Art Coordinator, (phone: 303-661-1261)
Requirements & Duties
- Resident of Lafayette for at least 12 months (prior to appointment)
- Registered voter
- Attend scheduled meetings
- May be required to attend other meetings or volunteer at special events to promote work of the committee.
About the Process
The City of Lafayette posts candidate applications (with personal information redacted) online for open positions and candidates currently being considered. Full applications and supplemental documents (such as resumes) are available from the City Clerk according to the Colorado Open Records Act.