2019 PROS Master Plan
The Parks, Recreation and Open Space Department has contracted with GreenPlay, LLC to update the City’s Parks, Recreation and Open Space (PROS) Master Plan, last completed in 2012. This update will carefully examine community recreational needs and provide a framework for managing projects relating to multi-modal connectivity, ecological land management, wellness opportunities, and much more.
The PROS Master Plan process was initiated in January of 2019 and is now complete. On October 15, 2019 staff presented the final version of the PROS Master Plan to City Council. Council approved the plan which will now be implemented by the Parks, Recreation & Open Space department.
The PROS Master Plan process is now finalized and the entire document can be viewed by clicking here: 2019 PROS Master Plan
- Identification of recreation programming needs based on community feedback.
- Being mindful to be inclusive of Lafayette’s diverse community during the process to ensure all voices are heard.
- Leverage existing information from the current Master Plan for informing the outcomes of the updated Master Plan.
- Consider whether recreation facilities are being efficiently and effectively utilized.
- Gauge the community’s interest in industry-wide programming trends.
- Strongly represent the open space program in the planning process and outcomes so that additional, specific planning efforts are well-supported.
- Evaluate community needs and existing ordinances for alignment (i.e., ebikes, scooters, drones).
- Advertise all internal project team meetings, public engagement sessions and presentations in advance to engage the largest groups of members able to attend.
- Utilize multiple public and internal engagement tools to identify programmatic needs among community members.
- Work with the city boards and commissions in addition to the general community to encourage participation in feedback opportunities.
- Review existing recent survey results and incorporate relevant data points into analyses and recommendations.
- Providing a conceptual-level analysis on the use of recreation facilities using data from GRASP® and GreenPlay’s program analysis tool.
- Include relevant 'trending' programs in the statistically-valid survey to explore what trends the public is interested in, as well as discuss these 'trending programs' during face-to-face engagement sessions.
- Work with staff and stakeholders to update open space and recreation program acquisitions criteria.
- If opportunities for updating ordinances are identified which would allow for alignment of City policies with residents' desired outcomes, create recommendations for updating appropriate ordinances.
GreenPlay LLC operates as a consortium of experts to provide services nationally for park, recreation, open space, and related agencies.
GreenPlay acts as a management tool for agencies by organizing consultant teams that are responsive, experienced in the field, and who understand the needs of administrators and their communities. GreenPlay works nationwide with 16 employees and over 75 technical consortium agencies and sub-consultants to complete projects for large and small agencies around the United States. Since 1999, GreenPlay has completed over 450 projects in 43 states for governmental agencies and private sector companies.