Park Shelter Rentals
Two options to make a reservation:
- Make your reservation online. Click on the “Reserve Now” button above to make your reservation. On the reservation page, enter the date you are looking for, then click SEARCH.
- Come in to the Bob Burger Recreation Center where our friendly staff can help you with your reservation.
Questions? Call 303-665-0469.
- Reservations must be made two or more days in advance of the reservation date.
- Shelter season is March through October. Payment is due at the time of reservation request.
The City of Lafayette only allows City-sponsored special events at these parks. Please call the Bob Burger Recreation Center at 303-665-0469 to discuss any special events at these locations.
Memorial Day weekend - Labor Day Weekend (peak season)
Park Shelter Name Timeblock Fee All Day Fee Capacity Waneka Park East 9am-noon, 1-4pm, 5-8pm $40 each block $120 75 Waneka Park West 9am-noon, 1-4pm, 5-8pm $40 each block $120 75 Waneka East & West 9am-noon, 1-4pm, 5-8pm $80 each block $240 150 Lamont Does Park 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 each block $90 150 Whitetail Park North 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $40 each block $80 25 Whitetail Park South 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 each block $120 50 Whitetail North & South 9am-2pm or 3-8pm
$100 each block
March - Friday before Memorial Day & Day after Labor Day - Halloween (off-peak season)
Park Shelter Name Timeblock Fee All Day Fee Capacity Waneka Park East 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 each block $90 75 Waneka Park West 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 each block $90 75 Waneka East & West 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $120 each block $180 150 Lamont Does Park 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 each block $90 150 Whitetail Park North 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $40 each block $80 25 Whitetail Park South 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $60 each block $120 50 Whitetail North & South 9am-2pm or 3-8pm $100 each block $200 75
Alcohol Permit - $25
- Required for serving alcohol to legal drinking age members of your event.
- To obtain an alcohol permit, check the box for "Are you serving alcohol?" when completing your shelter reservation.
Noise Permit - $10
- Required for amplified noise at your event such as a band or DJ.
- Apply for a noise permit by emailing Susan Barker at City Hall.
- This permit must be displayed during your event. Please be prepared to show the permit if requested.
- Special approval must be received for items such as bounce houses, food trucks, dunk tanks, hot air balloons, any kind of carnival setup, carnival games or activities, catering services, use of tents, awnings or rented shelters, port-a-lets, etc. A written request must be submitted to the Recreation Department to Becca Mack. If prior approval has not been received the damage deposit will automatically be assessed.
- Shelters are not sanitized. Patrons must take personal hygiene precautions. If you or a family member are not feeling well please stay home.
- All parks open at 6am and close at 10pm daily.
- Glass containers of any kind are not permitted in any park.
- Containers of alcoholic beverages in any park or recreation facility are prohibited, unless the person or party acquires a special use permit. Alcohol permits are only available when renting Park Shelters. If you have indicated you are serving alcohol during your application, an alcohol permit will be added to your reservation.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted outside the designated parking areas of any park or recreation facility.
- Littering is prohibited in any park or recreation facility. Please use trash receptacles provided. If trash is not cleaned up after an event the damage deposit will not be refunded. Notification will be sent if deposit is withheld. (If you think your party will have a large amount of trash or recycling, please bring an extra bag and haul out your excess).
- Dogs must be leashed at all times while in any park or recreation facility.
- Horses are not permitted in parks or on trails unless otherwise designated.
- Fires are permitted in areas only where grills are provided.
- Persons or parties possessing a valid permit have priority for using the sheltered picnic areas only. This permit in no way constitutes exclusive use of all park amenities. Permits must be available for inspection at all times.
- It is unlawful for any person(s) other than City personnel to solicit, sell or offer any article, product, or service in any park without prior approval, permit or contract from the City.
- Firearms are not permitted in any park or recreation facility.
- Noise Ordinance -- Any use of sound amplifying equipment requires a Special Events and/or Sound Amplification Permit. See DJS/BANDS/NOISE PERMITS section below.
- Refunds will not be given for inclement weather. Rescheduling will be considered only if available. There is a $10 rescheduling fee. Rental must be cancelled 4 weeks before the scheduled event to receive a full refund; only the damage deposit will be refunded for cancellations less than 4 weeks.
- Violation of any of the above rules and regulations are subject to a minimum fine of $10 and a maximum fine of $300.
Call the Lafayette Police non-emergency number at 303-665-5571 if a park shelter will not be vacated during your permitted time.
PLEASE NOTE the following special considerations and requirements for Shelter Rentals:
WANEKA LAKE: There are three shelters at Waneka Lake. One shelter cannot be reserved. This shelter has a blue roof and is located between the boathouse and parking lot. The blue-roof shelter is for first-come, first-serve use and cannot be used in conjunction with a reservation of either or both of the shelters that can be reserved.
CATERING: Food must be carried in (not wheeled or dragged) from the parking lot. Driving up to the structure to unload is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If using a large BBQ, it must be parked in a single space in the parking lot. Any open flame, BBQ grills or burners to keep food hot must be kept on the cement pad under the shelter.
FOOD TRUCKS: Can use only one parking space and serve your party (no sales to non-party park users). The food truck must have their City of Lafayette Sales Tax License on display.
DJS/BANDS/NOISE PERMITS: To apply for a noise permit, please email Susan Barker at City Hall. You will need proof of reservation with you when you apply for this permit and the NAME, ADDRESS, and PHONE NUMBER of the OWNER of the noise-producing equipment. This permit must be displayed at your event.
VOLLEYBALL/TENTS: If staking anything in the ground (volleyball net, croquet) please make sure that it is not next to a sprinkler head and does not go deeper than 6 inches or you will pierce the irrigation system.
BOUNCE HOUSES: Require a certificate of insurance from the rental company listing the City of Lafayette as additionally insured w/a minimum of $1 million combined liability coverage. Bounce houses cannot be larger than 15x15 and must be located in the parking lot. Please call 303-661-1467 for more information.
ELECTRICAL: Shelters have GFI outlets. If they are not working, please try pressing the small button to reset the plugs. Electricity is on during the shelter season, March through October.
I have rented a shelter and am planning on setting up a large tent for a wedding/special event/etc. is this ok?
Our parks are not suited for large special events. Large tents are not allowed, and when you reserve a shelter you have reserved the space of the shelter only- not any other space in the park. This is to keep our busy parks accessible to all residents while still allowing a reservable space.
I would like to have a large event which I am advertising and cannot control the attendance of - is a park a good place for this?
There are capacity limits for each park shelter that allow the maximum amount of people to enjoy a reservable space. If you cannot guarantee that your gathering will have less than that capacity, a park shelter rental is not a good choice for your event.
I would like to rent a park shelter for an event where I am charging registration or somehow making money - is this ok?
Business of any kind is prohibited in Lafayette parks unless permissions is otherwise granted. Parks shelter rentals are intended for gatherings or friends, family, or citizens who are coming together without the expectation of a fee or compensation for their attendance.
Can my non-profit use the park shelter for free or reduced cost?
Our shelter reservation fees are designed to be as non-prohibitive as possible and we do not offer a non-profit rate.
If someone hasn't reserved the shelter before or after me, can I go early to set up, or stay beyond my reservation?
The shelter are first come, first serve, unless otherwise reserved. You can come early or stay after your reservation as long as the space is not being used or reserved.
I have a reservation that starts at 5, but I would like to set up at 4. Can I ask people to leave a shelter if they are there when I come to set up?
The shelter is reserved for you at the time you have rented. If you need additional set up or breakdown time, it is highly recommended you reserve the time that will allow you to complete the process as needed. A reservation does not give you the right to ask anyone to vacate a shelter outside of the time you have reserved the shelter.
Do I need to bring a copy of my permit? Will you post a copy of my permit?
Reservations are posted on the park shelters for the day the reservation is occurring. You can, but do not have to, bring your reservation permit/receipt.
- Cancellations more than two weeks ahead of time will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations less than two weeks ahead of time will receive a refund less a $25 administrative fee.
- Cancellations less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled reservation will receive no refund, including cancellations that are due to anticipated weather conditions.
- Park shelters do not close due to real or impending inclement weather; therefore no refunds will be issued due to weather.
- Rescheduling is subject to the applicable cancellations fees and pending availability.
- Refunds may take up to two weeks to be processed.
- Cancellations of this reservation can be completed by calling 303-665-0469 or in person at the Bob Burger Recreation Center at 111 W. Baseline Road, Lafayette CO 80026.