Consumer & Legal Information
- Print edition archives - free, searchable access to the full text of the print editions of Consumer Reports. Start Full Text Search
- Consumer Reports online - free access to the online ConsumerReports.org website (contains articles not found in print edition). Search online content
Website with free and helpful information about finding and understanding Colorado legal statutes, processes, and forms.
Start your search
Legal Information Reference Center
Articles from top consumer legal reference books, including books on patents, copyright and trademarks. Access hundreds of publications and thousands of legal forms. Search over 12,800 state-specific legal forms, searchable by top subject areas including adoption, bankruptcy, name changes and more.
Start your search
Legal - Local Area Resources
Lafayette Public Library
775 W. Baseline Road, 303-665-5200 or register online.
- Free clinics offered on the second Friday of each month
- By video computer chat, volunteer attorneys will answer questions, help fill out forms, and explain the process and procedure for all areas of civil litigation, including family law, property law, probate law, collections, appeals, landlord-tenant law, small claims, veterans issues, and civil protection orders.
- Spanish translation may be available from a NCSC Court Interpreter. Please alert staff if this service is required.
- Sessions are private. Sessions are limited to 15 minutes and are conducted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration advised. Participants may have some wait time before their consultation.
Lafayette Senior Services
103 S. Iowa Avenue, Lafayette, CO 80026, 303-661-1492: On the second Tuesday of every month, from 11-11:45am, an attorney offers private answers to simple legal questions or can refer you for more detailed legal help. Register at least 24 hours in advance by calling Lafayette Senior Services.
Colorado Legal Services
303-449-7575, http://www.coloradolegalservices.org: Self-help legal information for civil legal matters only, no or low-cost legal help, court information, and other referral information.
Rocky Mountain Legal Center
http://www.rmlegal.org: A non-profit community service organization that provides free and low-cost civil legal representation for low-income families, single parents, seniors, and others.
Sister Carmen Community Center
655 Aspen Ridge Drive, Lafayette, CO 80026, 303-665-4342: An attorney from Faegre Baker Daniels LLP visits the center monthly to provide free legal advice. This service is usually available on the fourth Wednesday of each month.