The Collective ~ Community Arts Center
Dia de los Muertos
Oct. 6 - Nov. 20
This colorful group show honors the traditions of Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and features several Colorado artists of varying backgrounds, including Inez Sanchez, Karen Yust, Alfredo Cardenas, Jose Mares, and Susan Simonds' Centaurus High School students.
Artists Open House
- Friday, Oct. 8, 3-7pm - Visit the gallery for the opportunity to meet some of the artists and a look at this vibrant, eclectic exhibit! Collective Community Arts Center 201 N. Public Road.
- Masks required indoors
- Members of the public are invited to leave a small memento, photo, or note to deceased loved ones at this ofrenda. Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is a celebration of remembrance of and communion with deceased family and loved ones.
Songs of the Red Sun
- Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021, 2:30pm at the Lafayette Public Library
- Join Balam Na and the Lafayette Arts & Cultural Resources Department in the meeting room of the Lafayette Public Library to gain awareness and a different perspective about what is happening in the world today.
- If weather permits some or all of this celebration will take place on the north lawn of the Library. Mask wearing indoors is required.
- Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Sign up: lafayetteco.gov/activities
Visit lafayetteco.gov/Activities to find out more about take home activities or sign up for other happenings at The Collective.
Water, Water Everywhere: Colorado Mosaic Artists Member Exhibit. All exhibited mosaics were handmade by more than 20 mosaic artists who have individually interpreted the theme “Water, Water Everywhere.” View the exhibit: Walk through - virtual tour of the Water, Water Everywhere
Finding Center in Home: Mixed Media by Melanie Yazzie. Watch one of the videos of Melanie: Interview with Melanie Yazzie, Interview with Melanie with Spanish subtitles. View the exhibit: Walk through - virtual tour of the exhibit
The Artist's Spirit: Karen Andrews Retrospective
An exhibition of work made over a lifetime by artist Karen Andrews. A rich, thoughtful, and thought-provoking collection, which explores the inner self and the outer world. Exhibit Guide and Exhibit Video
Latino Legacy and the Lafayette Swimming Pool: A glimpse into Lafayette History
An exhibition uncovering a difficult moment in Lafayette's history and the emergence of a heroic leader of our Latino community. Shown at the Collective Sept. 4-Nov. 8, 2020.
Collective Community Arts Center
The staff at The Collective are pleased to welcome people back. Please follow our safety precautions.
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10am–5pm
- Wednesday: 10am-5pm
- Thursday: 10am-5pm
- Friday: 10am–7pm
- Saturday: 10am–5pm
- Sunday: noon–5pm
COVID safety precautions:
Masks are required in all indoor public space (in accordance with the Boulder County Mask Ordinance, 2021-08). Please be respectful, and let’s all be kind to each other! Thank you.
Se requieren mascarilla en todos los espacios públicos interio (en acuerdo con la Orden de Cubrebocas del Condado de Boulder 2021-08). Por favor sea respetuoso y ¡seamos amables entre nosotros! Gracias.
Historic neon sign replica installed at The Collective
December 2018 marked a fun historic pursuit in Old Town with the installation of an updated version of an iconic neon sign that once hung at 201 N. Public Road. Efforts to recapture the full impact of the building’s historic façade by incorporating a replica of the “Coors on Tap” sign came to fruition. The Lafayette Urban Renewal Authority commissioned a reproduction neon sign with a twist, one that incorporates the words “Arts on Tap” to creatively promote The Collective Community Arts Center.
The Collective Community Arts Center blends the City's commitment to honoring Lafayette's past while moving into the future. The Collective houses the Arts and Cultural Resources Department.
At The Collective, visitors engage in the arts through various exhibits, historic displays, networking opportunities, arts business development, social themes, lectures, film series, and other arts & culture programs. Visitors come together to express and celebrate the community's identity through art.