The Lafayette Fire Department is not currently recruiting.
The Lafayette Fire Department is an all-hazards organization, including structural and wildland firefighting, Advanced Life Support EMS and transport, hazardous materials, and technical rescue response. A firefighter works under the direction of a Lieutenant on a 48/96 shift schedule.
A candidate will possess outstanding customer service and communication skills and an ability to work with diverse populations.
- At least 21 years of age
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Colorado State or NREMT Paramedic or EMT Certification
- Current CPR Certification
- Safe driving record
- Valid CO driver's license or ability to obtain
- Firefighter Certifications
- Current ACLS (for Paramedics)
- Hazardous Materials Certification
- Wild-land Red Card Certification
- NIMS I-100, I-200, I-700
- Driver / Utility Certification
Salary & Academy Details
|Academy Length||Starting Salary||Salary 01/01/2024|
|Lateral Fire Paramedic Grade 3||6-Week||$85,157||$97,100|
|Lateral Fire Paramedic Grade 2||6-Week||$93,365||$106,703|
|Lateral Fire EMT Grade 3||6-Week||$73,933||$86,502|
|Lateral Fire EMT Grade 2||6-Week||$83,175||$96, 113|
|Entry-level FF||10-16 Week||$64,691|
|Entry-level FM||10-16 Week||$75,923|
*Grade determined at the time of job offer depending on experience and qualifications.
- Apply online at the City's website when actively hiring.
- Attach all of the required certifications.
- Be thorough in your application regarding your fire service and/or EMS experience.
- Applications will be screened against the criteria provided.
- Top candidates are invited to a first round of virtual interviews.
- Passing candidates are invited to a full-day in-person interview and a skills assessment.
- Contact email@example.com with any questions.