front l to r: Stephanie Walton, Mayor JD Mangat, Mayor Pro Tem Brian Wong
back l to r: Tim Barnes, Nicole Samson, Enihs Medrano, Tonya Briggs
The Lafayette City Council serves as the community’s legislative body, enacting ordinances, appropriating funds to conduct city business, and providing policy direction for city governance through the city administrator.
The Council consists of seven members who are elected on a non-partisan basis in odd-numbered years. Terms are staggered so the Council always consists of experienced members. Four seats must be filled each election year. The three councilors with the highest number of votes serve four-year terms and the fourth receives a two-year term.
The mayor and mayor pro-tem are selected by the City Council for two-year terms. Under provisions of the Lafayette City Charter, Council has the power to appoint the city administrator, city attorney, municipal court judge, city treasurer, and chief of police.
City Council Meetings
City Council meets at 5:30pm on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at Lafayette City Hall, City Council Chambers, 1290 S. Public Road.
How to participate
Watch City Council Meetings
- Attend the meeting in person in City Council Chambers, 1290 S. Public Road
- Watch live on Comcast Channel 8 or 881
- Stream live or watch a recorded meeting at lafayetteco.gov/StreamingVideo
You can also listen to the meetings by calling toll-free at 1-877-853-5247. Enter the meeting number is 869 1163 2580, then press #
Provide Public Comment at Council Meetings
- Attend a meeting in person in City Council Chambers, 1290 S. Public Road
- Provide comments during the Public Input period
- Submit written comments to City Clerk Lynnette Beck using our Public Input form
- Comments received by 3pm on the day of the meeting will be read into the record
- Call in remotely by calling toll-free at 1-877-853-5247
- You will be asked for the meeting number: 869 1163 2580
- Press # after entering the number
- Press *9 to raise your hand to speak. When it is your turn to speak, your microphone will be unmuted and you will be asked to share your comments.
|Mayor JD Mangat||303-731-9460||11/2023|
|Councilor Enihs Medrano||303-604-3751||11/2023|
|Councilor Stephanie Walton||720-593-0026||11/2023|
|Councilor Nicole Samson||303-604-3750||11/2025|
|Councilor Tonya Briggs||720-840-8039||11/2025|
|Councilor Tim Barnes||720-380-4419||11/2023|
|Mayor Pro Tem Brian Wong||720-236-3696||11/2025|