Boulder County’s universal mask requirement ends 5pm on Friday, Feb. 18. Boulder County Public Health recommends all individuals 2 years of age and older wear a mask while around others.
Read more about our facility hours during the pandemic and Boulder County's full release.
Performing City business online
To promote the safety of our community and staff during the current pandemic, please call us or take advantage of our convenient online services for doing business with the City. We respectfully ask that you do not visit City Hall unless absolutely necessary.
Keep yourself and others safe
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The best way to prevent and slow the spread is to be well informed about the disease and how the virus spreads.
The COVID-19 vaccine is free for everyone 5 and older. You don’t need ID or insurance to get vaccinated.
Find a vaccine provider near you at Boulder County Public Health vaccine page at boco.org/COVIDvaccine or call the Colorado COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 877-268-2926. You can also check with your health care provider, local pharmacy, clinic, or visit the CDC's Vaccine Provider locator.
Check with your healthcare provider and insurance company for testing options. Boulder County has several free sites at boco.org/covid19testing or find a testing site on the state's map.
Free testing sites in Lafayette
- COVIDCheck Colorado at Centaurus High School, 10300 W. South Boulder Rd. open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Register online or call 720-419-1087.
- Kaiser Permanente (for members only), 280 Exempla Cir. If you need assistance, call 303-338-4545 or 1-800-218-1059 (TTY 711).
Free at-home tests
Every home can order four free at-home COVID-19 tests by going to covidtests.gov. No insurance or ID is required. You can also apply to get a free rapid at-home testing option using BinaxNow through the state.
Free tests at the Library
Stop by the Lafayette Library, 775 Baseline Rd, to pick up free Rapid At-Home tests. This is part of the state's expanded free Rapid At-Home testing program. Find more locations on their map or view their website at covid19.colorado.gov/testing.
5 ways to prevent COVID-19
- Get vaccinated
Vaccines are safe, effective, and easy to access. Find a provider near you to get vaccinated against COVID-19, the flu, and get your booster. Learn more about getting kids vaccinated at www.covidfreekids.org.
- Wear a mask
Boulder County Public Health recommends everyone 2 years of age and older to wear a mask while around others.
- Practice social distancing and being in rooms with good ventilation
Stay six feet away from others whenever possible. If indoors, bring in fresh air by opening windows and doors, if possible.
- Wash your hands
Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand rub that contains 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home if you’re sick
If you feel sick (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, fatigue, body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, or sore throat), stay home, get tested, and isolate or quarantine if necessary.
Additional COVID-19 resources
- Review isolation and quarantine guidance on Boulder County's webpage boco.org/quarantine-isolation
- Find travel resources on Colorado's things to consider and CDC travel guidance webpages
- Chat online at 2-1-1 Colorado or call 2-1-1 for resources including a free ride to get a vaccine
- View and print a record of your immunizations with the Colorado Immunization Information System public portal
- Stay informed by visiting trusted sources: Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and World Health Organization