Newspapers & Magazines
During our phased reopening, magazine are not available for browsing, but some back issues may be placed on hold in the Library catalog using your Library card or by request to Library staff at the Adult Services desk, 303-661-1163.
We want your input as we rebuild our re-located magazine collection, which will be near the windows in the Nonfiction Area, to your right off the Lobby on the main level of the Library. Tell us which magazines are important to you for browing or checking out...fill out our short Magazine Survey online or stop by the Library.
Newspapers are now located near the windows in the Nonfiction Area of the Library (to the right off the main-level Lobby).
To access digital magazines and newspapers, you may be prompted to enter your Lafayette Library card number; if you don’t have one, call us at 303-661-1163. We will make you a new card over the phone.
Front Range Downloadable Library
For free access to many popular magazines for your mobile device or computer, use your browser or the Overdrive or Libby apps to access the eMagazine collection of the Front Range Downloadable Library. You can also borrow and read right in your browser from the Library Catalog. Learn more
- Print edition archives - free, searchable access to the full text of the print editions of Consumer Reports (with page views)
Start Full Text Search
- Consumer Reports online - free access to the online ConsumerReports.org website (contains articles not found in print edition)
Search Online Content
Online Newspapers via Newsbank
Newsbank - includes Colorado and national news sources
Within Newsbank, search current and archived issues (some featuring full-color newspaper pages), full-text articles, video, and content only published online. From the main access link to Newsbank, search all or find quick links to all the collections, browse by special topics, and find lesson plans. Newsbank also offers the ability to set alerts on news topics, listen to audio clips of news articles, save search results and more.
Tip: To browse/search a specific news source within any of our featured collections below, click or tap on Source Name.
Start your search (all included Newsbank collections)
Use this Newsbank collection to explore and stay informed on local and national topics, people, and events in areas such as business, health, education, jobs and careers, political and social issues, and more. Features a wide variety of credible, vetted news sources spanning the United States, including a variety of Colorado newspapers.
Start your search
Search a total of 61 Colorado news sources, including a full-color image edition of the Denver Post, on Newsbank. Search current and archived issues with full-color newspaper pages, full-text articles, and content only published online.
Start your search
Daily Camera (Boulder)
Enjoy full-text free access to many articles from the Boulder newspaper, The Daily Camera, from 2001-present, on Newsbank. Note: This collection is not a full digital replica; ads, graphics, and wire service articles are excluded. The archive for today’s date is added to later in the week.
Start your search
Explore Denver history through local news, events, and people with the Denver Post Collection on Newsbank. Search current and archived issues with full-color newspaper pages, full-text articles, and content only published online. Collections include text and image editions (replica of print newspaper), web edition, and Denver Post blogs.
Start your search (all Denver Post collections)
Go directly to: Image edition | Text edition | Web edition | Blogs
More National and International News
New York Times Digital
Enjoy unlimited, free access to the online edition of the New York Times. Read articles, watch videos, personalize notifications, settings and features, and enjoy additional education resources and foreign language editions.
Library use: go to NYTimes.com, sign in with a personal account (make one if you don't have one). Each time, use the link and then sign in with your personal login to avoid the paywall.
- The code links your account to three days of free use.
- Choose the option to make a new account the first time if you don't have one; each time you top it off, use the "Already have an Account link" to just sign in. Use this redemption code link as many times as you need to.
Enjoy unlimited, free access to the online edition of the Washington Post.
Library use: Use the link lafayetteco.gov/WPatLibrary to avoid the paywall. (You will still see ads or suggestions that you subscribe).
Remote use: use link lafayetteco.gov/WP; use code provided (sign in or create account when prompted).
- The code links your account to seven days of free use.
- Choose the option to make a new account the first time if you don't have one; each time your trial expires, use the link again. Use this link as many times as you like.
Tips for both NYT and Washington Post remote use redemption codes
- If prompted to buy a subscription, your access is up or you forgot to sign in before browsing: simply navigate to the code page link, sign in with your existing account, and you will launch your additional set of days.
- If you navigate to a NYT or Washington Post article from a Google or other news feed link, you will hit the paywall even if the site signs you into your account. To enjoy the free access, always start your browsing from within New York Times or Washington Post.
Browse/Search Across Online Newspapers
Newspaper Source Plus
Full-text digital collection of the world’s major news content. Includes millions of articles from newspapers, newswires, and news magazines, as well as television and radio transcripts, and ongoing daily updates from popular news sources. If prompted, enter your Lafayette Library card number; if you don’t have one, call 303-665-5200. We will make you a new card over the phone. If you can't reach us, you may get a temporary online card first.
Start your search | Help
Online Historical Newspapers
Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection
- Lafayette Leader, 1905-1956
- Lafayette News, 1901-1906
- News Free Press , 1906-1910
- The Erie News, 1903-1907
- Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection home