Library Reopening Details
The Lafayette Public Library has reopened for limited browsing, computer use by appointment, and holds pickup in the Lobby. Grab & Go visits are one hour and cloth facial coverings are required. Open hours are Tuesday-Thursday 10am-7pm, Friday-Saturday 10am-5pm, and Sunday 1-5pm. The Library will be closed on Mondays.
- To make an appointment to use a public computer, please call 303-661-1162.
- Customers at risk for severe illness from COVID-19 may utilize our Curbside Pickup service.
La Biblioteca Pública de Lafayette y esta abierta. Esto permitirá a la comunidad explorar la colección, recoger materiales en el vestíbulo, y usar las
computadoras con cita previa.
Por favor, revise las reglas antes de ingresar a la Biblioteca.
Library staff are looking forward to welcoming the community back and appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate our phased reopening.
Library hours: Grab & Go
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10am-7pm
Friday and Saturday: 10am-5pm
During your Library visit, you can:
- Pick up holds at our Lobby desk.
- Browse the collections for up to one hour.
- Use self-service Express Checkout machines and service desks.
- Make one 60-minute reservation for computer use per day and print up to 20 free pages. Call 303-661-1162 to make your reservation.
- Use the 15-minute express internet station on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Use the self-service copy machine.
- Charge your phone or mobile devices.
- Use public restrooms.
What to expect
Please keep your visits as brief as possible in order to minimize risk for everyone inside our Library and to allow other people an opportunity to visit.
- Cloth face coverings or masks are required by all patrons and staff when inside the Library. If you do not have one, the Library can provide you with a single-use mask at no cost.
- Reduced occupancy limits are enforced, and when occupancy is reached, visitors will need to wait outside until others leave.
- Observe physical distancing and remain 6 feet from other visitors and staff.
- Staff regularly sanitize frequently touched items like handles, counters, and copiers. Computers are cleaned between each use. Restrooms will be cleaned at more frequent intervals.
- If you retrieve a book from a shelf but decide you don’t want it, please place it on the designated green carts next to each service desk, instead of reshelving it yourself.
- Copier, scanner, and computers are self-service only; staff can offer assistance from a distance. The self-service copier is operated with a coin/cash vending device. Printing at public computers is free, to a maximum 20 pages.
- Public computer availability is limited to allow patrons and staff to remain six feet apart. Make a computer reservation ahead of time by calling 303-661-1162. Staff are able to provide limited computer help at this time.
The following services, items, or areas are not available at this time:
- use of meeting or study rooms
- Studio 775 Mini-Makerspace
- drinking fountains
- Children’s play area
- snack vending machine
- The Homework Center
- book donations
- magazines and newspapers
- headphones at computers
- visits are limited to 60 minutes
- public phones