Policies & Procedures
Bob Burger Recreation Center Policies and Procedures
- All Facility guests using a daily fee area must check in at the front desk. Guests found to be using the facility without paying will be asked to leave and may be suspended from future use.
- There is no smoking, chewing tobacco, marijuana, alcoholic beverages or gum allowed in the Center. Food and drink are permitted only in designated areas (lobby, multi-use room, outdoor patio). Sports drinks and water brought past the front desk must be in a spill-proof, non-breakable bottle. No glass is allowed in the Center.
- A BBRC ID Card, BBRC Equipment Card or valid school photo ID is required for all equipment check-out, including locker padlocks and towel rentals. A Recreation Center Equipment Card may be purchased for $5.00.
- The Recreation Center is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles. It is strongly recommended that you do not bring valuables into the Center. Please turn in any found articles to the lost and found at the front desk. Lost items may be identified and retrieved from the front desk.
- The Center lockers operate on a padlock system. With a BBRC ID c\Card, BBRC Equipment Card or valid school photo ID, any Recreation Center guest may check out a lock from the front desk. A fee of $8 will be assessed for each lost lock and each lost key. Patrons may bring their own lock to secure belongings. All padlocks remaining on lockers at the end of each business day will be cut off.
- Cameras/camera phones are not allowed in the locker room areas. Please stow these items in a bag or carrying case.
- Family Locker Rooms are available for use by adults with young children and patrons who require assistance in the locker room.
- Racquetball reservations may be made two days in advance. Failure to show for a racquetball reservation without two hour notice may result in a suspension of court reservation privileges. Racquets are available for checkout during your reserved time on the court only. Adult annual pass holders may reserve seven days in advance.
- Appropriate apparel must be worn in accordance with the area of the facility being used. Shoes and shirts are required at all times. Only non-marking shoes are allowed in the racquetball courts or in the gymnasium. Proper swim attire (bathing suits) must be worn in all pools. No street clothes will be allowed in pools. Shirt and close-toed, non-marking shoes are required in the weight room and gymnasium.
- Changes in the recreation schedule may occur without notice. Adult Swim times may be cancelled, or the hours changed, during holidays and school in-service days. Call the Recreation Center at 303-665-0469 or the information line at 303-665-0468 if you have any questions.
The Recreation Staff will enforce all rules and safety policies for the benefit and enjoyment of all. Our Center Staff is always available to help you. If you have any feedback, please feel free to contact any member of the staff.
Personal Trainer Policies
- Personal Training clients must notify their trainer, Fitness Coordinator or Front Desk staff at least 24 hours in advance of a session to reschedule. Cancellations and changes made less than 24 hours prior to the session and any missed appointments will be charged in full.
- The Lafayette Recreation Center does not permit personal training in exchange for money or services by anyone in the facility other than authorized City of Lafayette staff.
For your child's safety, all children under the (10) years of age must be supervised by a guest 16 years or older.
In the best interest of all our patrons, children 6 years of age and older are required to use gender-appropriate locker rooms.
Available to anyone age 12 years and older. Infants are permitted in a personal baby carrier/harness only. Strollers are not permitted on the track.
Children 5 years of age or younger, who will be swimming, must display the appropriate wristband and be accompanied by a paying guest 16 years or older who is in the water, within arms reach of the child(ren). Children 6-9 years of age must be supervised by a guest 16 years or older who is present and attentive in the pool area.
Weight and fitness equipment is available to anyone age 15 years and older. Those between the ages of 15-17 must complete a weight room/fitness equipment orientation.
Parent Youth Workout Times
- Parents and youth working out together are welcome to use the weight room, cardiovascular equipment, and track.
- Parents and youth are welcome to work out together any time except Monday-Thursday, 5-7:30pm, our peak time.
- Youth must be 12 years or older and have a Parent/Youth Weight Room ID to participate in parent/youth workouts.
- Parent and child must be actively working out together, with the parents actively supervising their child's workout.
Participants with Disabilities
We welcome people with disabilities. People with disabilities are invited to contact the Recreation Department at 303-665-0469, to discuss the need for adaptation and assistance. Requests for scheduled activities should be made at least 2 weeks prior to the start date.
Families with children with disabilities are encouraged to complete the Support Assistance Form, available at the BBRC, Front Desk, when registering. After receiving the completed questionnaire, you will be contacted by the appropriate Recreation Department staff member.