Front Range Aging Solo Network
Are you aging solo or growing older without traditional family support? If so, this resource and education group aims to connect solo agers to each other, provide a supportive environment, and offer learning opportunities to members.
When: 2nd Mondays, 4pm.
Via is now scheduling trips for vaccination appointments for registered Via riders.
Anyone 60+ or adults with disabilities in Boulder County can call a Via Mobility Specialist to get registered as a Via Client at 303-444-3043. Once registered call 303-447-9636 to make an appointment for transportation to a scheduled vaccine appointment. A second vaccine appointment can be scheduled in advance once that date is confirmed. Via will not charge for this service.
Mobility For All
Want to feel more confident using smartphone apps that help you get around?
Call 720-564-2218 for details.
Mobility for All is collaborating with community partners throughout Boulder County to offer transportation-related technology workshops to help community members of all ages and abilities feel more comfortable using transportation apps such as: Google Maps, Transit App, Lyft, Uber, and RTD Mobile Tickets.
Virtual workshops can be found at boco.org/M4AEvents
Alzheimer's Association - Dementia Caregivers Support Group - virtual
Support groups are for family or friends who have a loved one with any kind of dementia. Groups are facilitated by volunteers who are screened, trained, and supervised by the Alzheimer's Association. Visit www.alz.org or call 800-272-3900 to find a Support Group that fits your schedule. For more information, contact Ralph Patrick 720-699-9319 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cultivate's Carry-out Caravan
This program connects members of the community with older adults who face the challenge of securing reliable access to groceries. Friendly volunteers provide caring assistance throughout the entire process of ordering, purchasing and delivering groceries from their partner, King Soopers, straight to older adults’ homes. Call 303-443-1933 or visit www.cultivate.ngo
AARP Smart Driver Classes - Virtual
Looking for a discount on your car insurance while brushing up on your driving skills? While in-person classes are cancelled, you can still take the course online with a special 25% off discount through April 30, 2021. Website: www.aarpdriversafety.org Promo code for 25% off discount: DRIVINGSKILLS
Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
Applications for the winter heating bill assistance program through Discover Goodwill are accepted Nov 1 through Apr 30 each year. Applications are available at the Senior Center, and our Resource Coordinator can provide assistance if help is needed with filling out the application. For additional information about LEAP, contact 1-888-775-5327.
MEALS, GROCERY SHOPPING, PICKUP AND DELIVERY SERVICES
- King Soopers - King Soopers offers online shopping with options for self-pickup ($4.95) or delivery ($9.95). Visit www.kingsoopers.com , create an account and make sure to select the correct pickup location at the top of the webpage. Digital coupons available online, too. Please note that due to high demand, online orders and delivery may be limited.
- Instacart - Instacart costs $7.99 for one-hour delivery or $5.99 for two-hour or more delivery (you can select one-hour time windows), though the price can increase at particularly busy times. For free two-hour delivery on orders $35+, you can pay a $149 yearly membership. A tip gets added on automatically. You have to sign up and order online at www.instacart.com. Instacart serves King Soopers, Sprouts, Vitamin Cottage, Costco, Sam’s Club, Safeway and Petco in this area.
- Sister Carmen- For those who get groceries from Sister Carmen, they have switched from a shopping model to preparing pre-packaged food boxes available on their normal days and time. Call 303-665-4342.
- Community Food Share/Elder Share - Community Food Share & Elder Share is another free food pantry/grocery warehouse for income qualified residents. They have switched from a shopping model to preparing pre-packaged food boxes. Call 303-652-3663.
- Meals On Wheels - Coal Creek MoW delivers hot meals and occasional “blizzard bags” full of groceries and household essentials. Cost is on a sliding scale. Call 303-665-0566 to request services. www.coalcreekmow.org *As of 3/16, the congregate meal site at Josephine Commons is closed. They are providing deliveries only at this time.
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE BENEFITS
- Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado - BCAAA’s ADRC is still providing assistance by phone for people needing streamlined eligibility determination for public programs. 303-441-1617
- BoCo Housing and Human Services - HHS can provide phone assistance with housing waitlists, applications and some public assistance programs information. 303-441-1000
MEDICAL & MEDICARE RESOURCES
- Chinook Pharmacy - Chinook Pharmacy does home delivery of prescriptions. 720-458-4887
- Dispatch Health - Dispatch Health does house calls on-demand 7 days a week and works with all major health insurance. 303-500-1518. *As of 3/13/20, they are still able to handle new clients.
- BCAAA Medicare Counseling Program - People approaching their 65th birthday and those already on Medicare can still make an appointment for 1:1 counselling by phone. 303-441-1546
- Via Colorado - As of 3/13/20, Via is operating as usual. 303-447-2848
- Well Connected
Well Connected offers activities, education, support groups, and friendly conversation over the phone or online for adults 60 and over.
Winter/Spring Catalog of Programs
Social Call volunteers call registered clients 60 and over for a weekly phone visit. For more information on this program call 877-797-7299 or email Well Connected.