Social Media Posting Policy
The City of Lafayette's use of social media sites is provided as a public service and communication tool for residents. The City of Lafayette disclaims liability of any external content or comments. This liability rests with the organizations or individuals providing them. Inclusion of external content or comments does not imply endorsement by the City of Lafayette.
The City will not edit or alter posts or comments by followers. However, the City may remove comments that do not promote civil discussion.
The following forms of content will not be allowed:
- Obscene or racist content
- Personal attacks or threats
- Copyrighted material
- Private, personal content published without consent
- Comments unrelated to the content of the forum
- Hyperlinks to material not related to the forum
- Commercial promotions or spam
Comments which include any of the above may be removed. We reserve the right to monitor content before it is posted but are not obligated to take any action.