The Planning and Building Department is currently experiencing a high volume of land use applications. Due to the high volume of requests, longer development review times are being experienced and should be expected upon submission of your application.
The Planning Division works with residents and businesses to ensure consistency and compliance with the City's Development and Zoning code and the Comprehensive Plan policies and goals. The Division coordinates with the Planning Commission to process and review site plans, special use reviews, rezoning, annexations, and subdivision plans. One of the goals of the Planning Division is to assist you in navigating through the development process and emerging with your annexation, zoning, subdivision, site plan, building permit, and certificate of occupancy.
- Schedule a pre-application meeting
- Prior to developing in the City of Lafayette, please schedule a pre-application meeting. Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) and Special Use Reviews require a pre-application conference. Pre-applications conferences are optional for other types of projects; however, we recommend meeting with staff prior to submitting most land use applications. The meeting will provide direction on necessary applications, plan sets, studies, the process, and a general timeline. Please complete the Pre-Application Conference Form
- Hold a neighborhood meeting in accordance with Section 26-16-3(c).
- Complete pre-development questionnaire and schedule a second pre-application conference with planning staff if necessary.
- Formal submission of application
- Tech review
- Public notified if a public hearing is needed through letters and notice published in newspaper
- Staff report and recommendation written
- Planning Commission meeting or City Council, if required
- Written notice of decision
- Appeal period
The application form specific to your development lists the documents / items required for your formal submission. Application fees are due at time of submission.
Application materials must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms / Applications
- Non-Residential Pre-Development Questionnaire
- Planning Application Fee Schedule
- Residential Pre-Development Questionnaire