Certain uses within individual zoning districts are designated special uses, which are uses that may or may not be conditioned to be appropriate in a particular location depending upon the nature of the proposed use, its relationship to the surrounding land uses, its impact on traffic capacities, and potential environmental effects. Special uses require a public hearing before the Planning Commission and City Council.
- A pre-application meeting with city staff is required before submitting a formal application.
- Application fees are due at time of submission.
- Completed applications with accompanying required documents should be submitted to the Lafayette Planning and Building Department, City Hall, 1290 South Public Road.
Related Applications / Forms
Pertinent Code Sections
- Section 26-15 through Sec. 26-15.5 Special Use Application Requirements and Procedures
- Section 26-16 through Sec. 26-16-3 Review Process
- Section 26-16-6 Staff Review of Certain Applications
- Section 26-17 Application Requirements