Building Handouts, Checklists, and Applications
List of items that you may need for your building project.
- Building Permit Application - Use the building permit application for all building projects except sign permits.
- Contractor License Application - Use the contractor license application for all license types. This application is also used for renewing your license.
- Mobile Home Plot Plan - This form must accompany the building permit application for a mobile home setup.
- Sign Permit Application - Use this form to apply for a sign permit or a temporary sign/banner permit.
- Temporary Outdoor Sales, Storage, and Display of Merchandise Application- Use this form when applying for outside sales, storage, or display of merchandise.
- Utility Service Application - Use this form when applying for water and sewer applications for new residential or commercial buildings.
- New Commercial Building Permit Checklist - This form lists the items you need to provide when submitting for a building permit for a new commercial building.
- TI - Commercial Remodel Permit Checklist - This form lists the items you need to provide when submitting for a building permit for a tenant finish for a commercial space.
- New Residential Building Permit Checklist - This form lists the items you need to provide when submitting for a new residential building permit.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Requirements and Checklist - This forms lists the items you need to provide when submitting for an accessory dwelling unit permit.
- Old Town Neighborhood Addition Requirements- This form lists the requirements that must be met in addition to all other building permit requirements for projects in Old Town Residential.
- Roof Code Checklist - Use this handout for information on roofing codes and obtaining a roof permit.
- Reroof Inspection Requirements - Refer to this handout for scheduling a reroof inspection.
- Building Inspection Information
- Basement Finish - Use this handout as a guide when drawing up your basement finish plans.
- Decks - Pergola - This handout covers requirements for uncovered decks and porches and pergolas.
- Enclosing Existing Patio Cover - Use this handout when you plan to enclose an existing patio cover.
- Fence Handout - Fences and walls over 3 feet in height require a building permit. Refer to this handout for more fence permit requirements.
- Garage (Detached) - Use this handout as a guide when drawing up your garage plans. Contact the building department at 303-665-5588 to verify setbacks, height restrictions, and lot coverage.
- Old Town Design Resource Book - This booklet offers suggestions, ideas, and a design context for construction in Old Town Lafayette. Use this booklet when designing an addition or an accessory structure. The booklet is also available at Community Development Department, City Hall, 1290 S. Public Road
- Old Town Lafayette Design Criteria Summary Old Town Lafayette Design Criteria Summary Old Town Lafayette Design Criteria Summary- Interested in developing or re-developing in the Lafayette Old Town Residential Neighborhood Overlay District, then review this summary of some of the code sections that were recently adjusted via Ordinance No. 30, Series 2017.
- Patio Covers and Carports - Use this handout when you are applying for a patio cover or carport.
- Re-Roofing - See this handout for more information about reroofing your house.
- Remplazo del Techo Remplazo del Techo Remplazo del Techo de una Casa
- Residential Addition- Use this handout as a resource when planning your addition.
- Setback Information - Use the setback/dimensional standards table to determine your setbacks, height restrictions, and lot coverage. Note that developments constructed since 1990 may have alternate setbacks. Please contact the Community Development Department (303-665-5588) to verify your setbacks.