One of the best things about public art is that there is something for everyone!
Each year the Public Art Committee (PAC) selects work from over 100 sculpture submissions from around the country. Artists submit a wide range of styles and materials, the PAC believes is important to select a variety of sculptures for a diverse and eclectic collection for all to enjoy.
When looking at the submitted works, the Committee considers:
- Artists' backgrounds and intentions
- Style (representational or abstract; serious or whimsical)
- Material (bronze, stone, aluminum, concrete)
- Durability (will it last outdoors for 1 year?)
- Subject matter
- Use of recycled or new materials
- Kinetic or interactive
- Technical mastery