Festival Plaza Rules and Regulations
- Glass containers of any kind are not permitted.
- Consumption and sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited, unless the person or party acquires a special permit from the City of Lafayette.
- Private motor vehicles are not permitted within the Festival Plaza area.
- Littering is prohibited. Please use trash and recycle receptacles provided.
- Dogs are not allowed within the Festival Plaza water feature.
- No vending or peddling of merchandise shall be allowed unless such activity is operated by or with the approval of the City of Lafayette.
- No commercial or private advertising or signage shall be allowed unless approved by the City of Lafayette as part of a community event.
- Pollution of the water fountain/feature is strictly prohibited.
- Bicycles and skate boards are prohibited within the Plaza.
- The use of the Plaza for scheduled (reserved) activities/events shall be allowed between 6 am to 10 pm, unless otherwise approved.
- Persons or parties possessing a permit for an approved community event shall have priority for using certain amenities of the Festival Plaza area only. Such a permit may or may not constitute exclusive use of all Plaza amenities. Permits must be available for inspection at all times.
- As of Sept. 1, 2014, no amplification of sound shall be permitted for events that are not sponsored by the City of Lafayette or the Lafayette Urban Renewal Authority, including bull horns.
- Special approval must be received for items such as dunk tanks, any kind of carnival setup, carnival games or activities, catering services, or use of tents, etc. A written request must be submitted to the Arts & Cultural Resources Department at the time reservation is made.
- Festival Plaza reservations are not transferable to other parties without the approval of the City of Lafayette.
Violations of any of the above rules and regulations are subject to a possible fine as prescribed in the Lafayette Code of Ordinances. The City of Lafayette may revoke any reservation 1) immediately for any violations of state or local laws or rules or regulations; violations of any terms or conditions of the reservation; or under circumstances that, in the City of Lafayette's sole discretion, require revocation in order to preserve the health and safety of the community; or 2) upon ten days notice, with or without cause. Neither the City of Lafayette or the Lafayette Urban Renewal Authority will be liable for damages in the event of the revocation of any reservation.
Reservation Permit will be emailed when your application is approved. Allow two weeks for processing.