Ways to Pay
Resources for utility payment aid:
- Emergency Family Assistance Association: efaa.org
Receive Utility Bills by Email
You may choose to receive Lafayette utility bills via email. This convenient, paperless system offers a secure and environmentally-friendly way to receive your monthly utility bill. Please see the FAQs below for details about e-billing. Please note: If you sign up for e-bills, you will no longer receive paper bills by mail.
Connect or Disconnect Water Utility Services
Landlords, be sure that your account is set up as a landlord account with current contact information. If you have a property management company managing the rental property, please contact the City of Lafayette Utility Billing so we may update your file.
- Residents who are needing to connect or disconnect water utility services for a rental property may call Utility Billing at 303-665-5588 or complete the online forms below.
- Connect Water Utility Services - Rental Property
- Disconnect Water Utility Services - Rental Property
Purchasing or Selling a home
- If you are purchasing or selling a home that receives utility services through the City of Lafayette, the title company will contact Utility Billing to transfer services from the seller to the buyer. You may call to confirm that the title company has completed the transfer and to verify the services included on your City of Lafayette utility bill.
- Title companies may request a final and to request a transfer by completing the form below. Please email a copy of this form after all fields are completed. We may contact you if we have additional questions regarding the transfer.
- Title Company Final Request Form (PDF)
If you are having difficulty submitting your form, please contact email@example.com.
Inside City - Water Rates (as of January 2021)
Outside City - Water Rates (as of January 2021)
Sewer Rates (as of January 2021)
Connect or Disconnect Water Service
- Renters and/or landlords; call 303-665-5588 option 5 to connect or disconnect water service
- Title companies will call in the event of a property sale
Water Service Information
- Typical single family residential accounts use a 5/8" water meter
- In-city single family residential lots larger than 1/2 acre are allowed a 3/4" meter
- Out-of-city single family residential lots larger than 1/2 acre are allowed a 1" meter
- All out-of-city water accounts pay double the cost per 1,000 gallons, and double the monthly service charge
- Call Public Works Dept 303-665-5588 x1282 for rates on larger meters
- View all Rates and Policies
- Residents who have detected and repaired a leak on their property may request for a leak adjustment on their bill.
- Submit your request by completing the Leak Adjustment Request Form.
- If you have any questions with regards to the process, please contact utility billing at 303-665-5588