Start or Stop Utility Services
Landlords, be sure that your account is set up as a landlord account with current contact information. If you have a property management company managing the rental property, update your file by calling our Utility Billing staff at 303-665-5588.
Please complete the Start Service - Rental Property form prior to generating a Utility Billing Login. Creating a utility billing login does not connect your utility services at the property you are moving into.
Note that we are unable to backdate any connect or disconnect requests. If we receive a change of occupancy request for a date that has already passed, it will be recorded on the day the request was made.
- Call our Utility Billing staff at 303-665-5588 if you need help completing these forms or email us at email@example.com.
Purchasing or selling a home
- If you are purchasing or selling a home that receives utility services through the City of Lafayette, the title company will contact us to transfer services from the seller to the buyer. You may call us at 303-665-5588 to confirm that the title company has completed the transfer and to verify the services included on your City of Lafayette utility bill.
- Title companies may request a final and request transfer by completing the Title Company Final Request Form (PDF).
- Email a copy of this form after all fields are completed. We may contact you if we have additional questions regarding the transfer. If you are having difficulty submitting your form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the closing date changes, notify us immediately by email, and then resubmit the Title Company Final Request Form with the correct information.
- If there is a post-occupancy agreement, please include this information in the email you send us with the completed form.
5 ways to pay your utility bill
- Pay online now by logging into your utility account or registering for an account. You can sign up for Auto Pay with your Debit/Credit card in your online portal.
- Set up Auto Pay with your Checking/Savings Account by completing the Bank Draft form and returning it with a voided check to the Finance Department. Auto Pay Form - Checking/Savings Account (PDF)
- Call our Finance Department at 303-665-5588 Opt. 1 to pay by debit or credit card
- Drop off your payment into the water bill dropbox located outside of City Hall
- Mail your payment to P.O. Box 250, Lafayette, CO 80026
Please note - while the staff is available Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm, City Hall has limited hours the building is accessible to the public. Please refer to our current building hours.
Sign up for eBilling
Use our Utility eBill Sign Up Form to receive Lafayette utility bills via email. This convenient, paperless system offers a secure and environmentally-friendly way to receive your monthly utility bill. Once you sign up for eBills, you will no longer receive paper bills by mail. Review the eBilling frequently asked questions.
Register your utility account
By registering your utility account online, you will be able to:
- Receive an email notification when a water violation is reported which may help you to avoid a water fine.
- View your bills
- Pay your bills
- Set up automatic payments using your debit or credit card
- Note: Residents are responsible for updating credit/debit card information if your card expires or there is a change in financial institutions. You can update this on your online portal. The Finance Department cannot make changes to any credit card information.
Residents who have detected and repaired a leak on their property may request a leak adjustment on their bill.
- Submit your request by completing the Leak Adjustment Request Form.
- Call our Utility Billing staff if you have questions about this process at 303-665-5588
- Request to Start, Stop or Transfer Services
- How do I sign up to receive my utility bill via email?
- Who will the e-bill come from?
- How soon will my e-bill subscription start?
- What if I don't receive my e-bill?
- What if my email address changes?
- What if I need to add or remove a name from the utility account?
- What if my name has changed?
- Why is my water bill so high?
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card?
- Can I set up auto-pay?
- Can I pay in person or by mail?
- What is the City's Late Notice, Door Hanger, and Disconnection Policy?
- Can I set up a Payment Arrangement?
Late Fees and Notices
- Late Fees are assessed when 2 bills become delinquent. Late notices are issued on Mondays.*
- Late Fees - $10
- Door Hangers will be issued at 8 a.m. on Tuesday following Late Notices.
- This is to inform residents that they have two business days from the date the Door Hanger was issued to pay the past-due balance, including penalties, otherwise, the services will be disconnected.
- If additional time is needed, please call 303-665-5588 option 1 or email email@example.com to discuss options.
- Payment Arrangement requests must be made before 5 pm before the disconnection of services is to occur.
- Door Hanger Fees
- $15 (Residents inside the City Limits)
- $30 (Residents Outside the City Limits)
Disconnection of Services
- To have services reconnected, the full balance due on the account must be paid with either cash, money order, cashier's check, debit, or credit card. CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- We are unable to enter into a payment arrangement once services have been disconnected.
- If you make a payment online at lafayetteco.gov, you must call the Finance Department at 303-665-5588 option 1.
- If payment is made after business hours, services will remain off until the following business day.
- Shutoff/Turn on Fee
- $35 (Residents inside the City Limits)
- $70 (Residents outside the City Limits)
*If the Monday the Late Notice is to be issued is a holiday, the Late Notice will be issued the next day.
**If the Monday the Late Notice is due is a Holiday, the Late Notice will be due on the previous Friday.
- Republic Trash Information
- For collection calendars, rates, and more, please visit https://www.republicservices.com/municipality/lafayette-co
- Contact Republic Services at 303-286-2400 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>