Join Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission
Join the Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission! There is one alternate position available. Rolling application deadline until all positions are filled.
- Interviews will be held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7pm at the Collective.
- Read through the detailed position information on this page before submitting an application.
- Apply Now Online
- Or, download the printable application; return it by the deadline to Rachel Hanson at The Collective Community Arts Center, 201 N. Public Road.
You may also apply separately for open positions on the Public Art Committee.
- Public Art Committee deadlines: interviews will be held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7pm at the Collective. Visit the Join Public Art Committee page for details and application.
The Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission (LCAC) promotes, nurtures, and celebrates the visual, performing, and language arts by providing opportunities for the public to appreciate and enjoy art in its various forms.
- The seven members serve three-year terms. One member serves as a member of LCAC and PAC and acts as a liaison between the two groups. There are two alternate members.
- Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7 pm at The Collective Community Arts Center, 201 N. Public Road.
Members are expected to:
- Advocate for the broad spectrum of cultural arts in Lafayette: advise City Council and the Arts and Cultural Resources Director by developing goals and objectives for Department programming, goals and objectives; and provide leadership for the Lafayette arts community
- Encourage an interdisciplinary approach to cultural arts across Lafayette groups, organizations and businesses
- Take leadership for at least one arts and/or cultural program or event each year
- Solicit and evaluate Art in Education and/or Art in Community grant applications; and serve as a liaison to concretely assist several successful grantees with venues, inclusivity, publicity, evaluation, etc.
- Assist with and/or attend LCAC, Public Art Committee, ARTS!Lafayette, and LCAC grantees' events
- Hold outside meetings with individuals and groups as needed
- Participate in professional development in the arts, boards, and diversity through readings, events, and/or discussion
- Reach out to underserved populations in our community to broaden access and participation.
Desired Qualifications or Interests
The Lafayette Cultural Arts Commission (LCAC) looks for residents who want to plan, assist, advocate for, and participate in the cultural arts. A commissioner does not have to be an artist. One must believe that the spectrum of cultural arts is an important part of what makes Lafayette vital and special and want to commit time to that idea. We also seek to reach under-served populations in Lafayette and hope you can assist us in those goals.
Contact Staff Liaison
For more information, contact Rachel Hanson, Arts & Cultural Program Manager (phone: 303-661-1260).
Requirements & Duties
- Resident of Lafayette for at least 12 months (prior to appointment)
- Registered voter
- Attend scheduled meetings
- May be required to attend other meetings or volunteer at special events to promote work of the committee.
About the Process
The City of Lafayette posts candidate applications (with personal information redacted) online after the deadline for a position has passed. Full applications and supplemental documents (such as resumes) are available from the City Clerk according to the Colorado Open Records Act.