The Conversations Series: Stitching the Geopolitical Quilt to Re-Body Belonging with Helanius J. Wilkins
Register below to be a part of The Conversations Series: Stitching the Geopolitical Quilt to Re-Body Belonging.
- The Dance of Social Justice Artist Talk, with Helanius J. Wilkins
- Sunday, April 3 from 2-3:30pm at the Lafayette Public Library
- POSTPONED: Workshop Series: Illuminating your Voice, with Ryder Turner
- Belonging Conversation: A Community Gathering, with Helanius J. Wilkins
- Wednesday, June 22; 6:30 – 8:30 pm at The Collective Community Arts Center
- Sign-up recommended
- Choreographic Ritual: Culminating Event, with Helanius J. Wilkins and Ryder Turner
- June 26, 4 pm - 6 pm at Waneka Lake Park
Helanius J. Wilkins (Dancer/ Choreographer/Educator) and duet-partner Ryder Turner (Dancer/Community-Engagements Co-Facilitator) are working with Lafayette Arts & Cultural Resources Department in an Artist Residency in Lafayette April 6 – May 29, 2022. This is part of an ongoing art and social justice-based work called The Conversations Series: Stitching the Geopolitical Quilt to Re-Body Belonging. With support made possible through a Colorado Creates Creative Corps ARP grant from Colorado Creative Industries and an Arts in Society from the National Endowment for the Arts. This work is nationwide and will include Lafayette as well as several Colorado communities.
Wilkins and Turner will work collaboratively with partners and engage intergenerational community members through their Systems for Care & Repair (community-engagements) to create meaningful, inclusive environments to forge new pathways for belonging, supporting the goals of The Conversation Series: Stitching the Geopolitical Quilt to Re-Body Belonging. The goals of this work are to offer a unique process to heal and unite through dance –to create positive change by examining place, space, and one’s relationship to it to explore belonging. We are looking to engage under-represented populations, youth, Latino/a/x populations, and residents who may be interested, as well as a broader, intergenerational cross-section of the Lafayette population while we make a connection with the “place” that is Lafayette
For more information contact email@example.com.
Session Day(s) Times Location Age Participants
- No sessions
Session Days and Times Dates Location Instructor Age Participants