April 22, 2023
Flatirons Church back parking lot.
201 Waneka Pkwy
Lafayette, CO 80026
Free (exception - there is a fee for some electronics)
Hard-To-Recycle Collection Event
Saturday, April 22, 2023
The Lafayette Police Department and Sustainability Division invite Lafayette residents to the Hard-To-Recycle event in partnership with Republic Services, Eco-Cycle, and Boulder County Hazardous Waste. Registration is required.
Residents can drop off the items below for FREE:
- Household batteries please use clear tape on both terminal ends of all batteries.
- Fluorescent tubes and bulbs labeled with the letters “Hg” (Mercury).
- Plastic Film bubble wrap, plastic shopping bags, Ziploc bags must be empty, clean, and dry with stickers and receipts removed. No plastic food wrap.
- Paint (Latex and Oil-Based).
- Scrap Metal must be 50% metal by weight with no refrigerants. No pressurized tanks.
- Household cleaners please bring in original containers and ensure there are no leaks.
- Prescription Drugs: No needles, illicit drugs, or radioactive substances.
- Paper for Shredding: Maximum of 3 bags or boxes.
Residents can also drop off electronics with batteries or cords:
- CPUs (tower computers), laptops, and cell phones are free.
- CRT Monitors are $0.69/lb and other small electronics are $0.59/lb.
- No broken glass CRT TV’s or Projection TV’s.
We reserve the right to refuse oversized, contaminated, or improperly prepared materials. To find out more view the event flyer.
Bring your Lafayette water utility bill. Please register as spaces are limited!
Thank you to our partners Flatirons Church, Republic Services, Eco-Cycle, and Boulder County Hazardous Waste.