Every holiday season, millions of Americans ring in the New Year with a common goal: weight loss. The year begins with good intention but often goals are forgotten by spring. Here are five ways you can stick with and achieve your New Year’s Resolutions this year. Cheers to a healthier you!
Five Tips for Sticking with your New Year’s Resolution
1. Make a Plan – Create a plan and make sure it compliments your lifestyle. Do you prefer to work out at home or will joining a gym make you more accountable?
2. Be Realistic – Set a realistic goal with a timeline. Losing 50 pounds in three months is not realistic (or healthy). Break your main goal into small, manageable goals such as achieving a 5% weight improvement in the first three months.
3. Identify Your Motivators & Barriers – Know what gets you going (and what holds you back). Constantly remind yourself about your ‘why’ for making a healthy change.
4. Engage in Social Support – Accountability is a powerful motivator to keep you on track. Brag about your successes or share your struggles with friends or on social media.
5. Track Your Progress & Reward Yourself – As you work toward your goal, track the progress and celebrate your successes in a healthy way.
Weigh and Win is a free program at the Bob L. Burger Recreation Center that encourages you to eat better and move more – and will reward you for doing so! Sign-up for FREE at the lobby kiosk to receive daily emails or text messages with personalized coaching on healthy eating and active living. Track your progress with quarterly weigh-ins at private kiosks located conveniently throughout the community. Then, earn cash rewards for weight improvement and win other prizes just for participating.
For more information or to join this FREE program, visit www.WeighandWin.com, www.Facebook.com/WeighandWin, or call 303-694-8007.