Lafayette is a great destination! A wide variety of Public Road businesses and restaurants also participate through special offerings, art demonstrations, and displays. Maps of participating businesses are available online and the evening of Art Night Out at Festival Plaza. The happenings begin on August 17 at 4 p.m. with family activities and music at the plaza. Enjoy a dinner at one of many Old Town restaurants, shop the specials at local boutiques and galleries, and view art at various Public Road venues then return to the Plaza for the band and beer garden at 7:30 p.m.
By the numbers! There are five music locations throughout the evening. Seven venues will have original art on display. Two great food trucks will offer great food and drink. Fourteen artists’ booths will be selling fabulous handmade arts.
Special Events! Victory Camera will present nostalgic Super 8 movies and cartoons on an outdoor screen and an indoor photography display. pARTiculars Art Gallery will be host to the Lafayette Senior Services Art Show and reception with Dr Djamel Mami on the saxophone at 5 p.m., desserts and refreshments. Voting is open to the public for Senior Art Show Awards. The winners will be announced at the Festival Plaza main stage at 7:15 p.m.
Great food trucks! Jim’s Doglorean will be parked at 406 S. Public Road with additional artists’ booths. Biker Jim’s “Doglorean” will be serving up great gourmet hotdogs and sausages at 406 S. Public Road (in front of EZ Pawn) Biker Jim’s has been featured on Food Network’s Best Thing I Ever Ate and Anthony Bourdean’s No Reservations. His gourmet creations are sure to please! Oskar Blues Bonewagon will continue to dish great BBQ , burgers and crab cakes from its location at Festival Plaza.
Art on the Street! In addition to all the great food, music and events happening during Art Night Out, take time to look at the Art On the Street collection. This temporary collection of sculpture can be viewed on a stroll down Public Road. “ I appreciate that I can drive or stroll down Public Road and be inspired to reminisce (Say Cheese), laugh (Chickadee), marvel (April Charms), do a double-take (Rusty) and appreciate the simple things in life (Reconstructed Column),” Lafayette resident, Kendall Odorizzi said about the 2012 collection.
Art Night Out Schedule:
Events occur at Festival Plaza( 311 S. Public Road), at 406 S. Public Road,, and throughout Old Town. Maps are available featuring participating businesses.
• Activities for kids run 4 to 7:30 p.m.
• Art displays and openings starting at Baseline Road and heading south on Public Road. Mojo Coffeehouse, Rachel K. Gillette Law Office, Victory Camera, Left Hand Acupuncture, Cannon Mine Coffee, pARTiculars Gallery, and Community Holistic Health Center
• Kids Music and Sing-Along 4:30 – 5:15 p.m. and 5:30 – 6:15 p.m. at Festival Plaza
• Free mini acupuncture and massage treatments at Community Holistic Health 5 – 9:00 p.m.
• Drumming Group performance at Community Holistic Health Center 6 – 7:30 p.m.
• Upstart Crow, Acoustic Duo, plays at the Miller’s Grille Patio 6:30 p.m. – close.
• Dr Djamel Mami plays saxophone at pARTiculars at 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
• Food and beverage specials at Mojo Coffee, Pinnochio’s, 503 Café, Miller’s Grille, and Angelo’s Restaurants.
• Artist booths and vendors on Festival Plaza and at 406 S. Public Road (in front of EZ Pawn) 4 to 9 p.m.
• 15% off jewelry at Anspach’s Jewelry all day.
• Halden Wofford & the Hi*Beams will play at Festival Plaza from 7:30 to 9 p.m.