The 95th Street Intersections Improvement Project will restart at 8 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 28. After hearing from the public about the impacts from a full (24/7) closure, Boulder County Transportation has made the following adjustments:
- 95th Street CLOSED from just north of Valmont Road to the Lafayette city limits
- 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday
- The closure includes 95th Street intersections with Valmont and Isabelle roads.
- Local residential traffic only during working hours
- On 95th Street from Lookout to Valmont roads
- On 95th Street from Valmont Road to Lafayette city limits
- On Isabelle Road from Hwy 287 to 95th Street
- On Valmont Road from 75th Street to 95th Street
- Access to the City of Boulder’s Teller Farm Trailhead will be maintained on Valmont Rod from the west via 75th Street
Work and the associated road closure is expected to last through November, but we will do our best to beat that deadline.
The goals of the project are to increase safety for all modes of travel by:
- Widening 95th Street to lengthen the center turn lane for both intersections while maintaining the standard paved shoulder along with a southbound right-turn lane onto Valmont Road from 95th Street;
- Widening Isabelle Road to allow for an additional turn lane onto 95th Street; and,
- Making geometric improvements on Valmont Road at the intersection to improve cyclist and motorist safety and roadside stormwater drainage.
Emergency services have been notified of the planned closure and will have access through the construction zone at all times. Residents, and their guests, living in the work zone will also be able to access their homes, except for short delays when crews are working directly in front of driveways.
For more information on this work, visit the project website, or contact Andrew Barth via email or 303-441-1032. All current Boulder County Transportation project information is available at www.BoCoConeZones.com.