This election season, Lafayette registered voters will be voting on five (5) ballot issues and electing four (4) City Councilors. It is important for voters to be educated about the issues before casting votes.
Please refer to the City's election page (www.cityoflafayette.com/Elections) for a list of ballot issue summaries as well as a roster of City Council candidates.
- Ballot Issue 2A – Open Space Tax Extension
- Ballot Issue 2B - Street Improvement Revenue Bonds
- Ballot Issue 2C - Storage Tax
- Ballot Question 2D - City Council Compensation
- Ballot Question 2E - Residential Growth Management
Ballots will be mailed to all registered voters beginning October 16, 2017. October 30 is the last day to register or change your registration and still receive a ballot in the mail. If you register or change your registration after this date, you must vote in person. There is no voter registration deadline in Colorado. Visit www.bouldercounty.org/elections for more information or to register to vote.
City Council Candidate Forums
Two Candidate Forums are scheduled to introduce Lafayette voters to the 15 City Council candidates, help them better understand the candidates’ platforms, and assist voters to make more informed decisions. Both forums will be broadcast live on Comcast Channel 8 and the City's online streaming video webpage. An online, recorded version will also be available via the City's On-Demand Streaming Video webpage.
- September 20; 6:30pm - Library Meeting Room / Hosted by the Lafayette Youth Advisory Committee
- October 11; 6:30pm - Library Meeting Room / Hosted by the League of Women Voters