The Lafayette Energy Sustainability Advisory Committee is sponsoring the 2012 Sustainability Mini Grant Program. A total of $5,000 will be awarded to schools and community organizations within the City of Lafayette who perform one of the following initiatives from the LESAC Energy Sustainability Master Plan.
1. Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
2. Promote energy conservation
3. Promote clean renewable energy generation
4. Encourage economic development through local energy jobs
5. Reduce energy costs through reduced energy consumption
6. Develop and support sustainable energy education
The types of projects may include events such as energy competitions or campaigns, signage, presentations, workshops, videos, exhibits, curriculum, and other education and outreach programs and projects.
Grant proposals must be submitted by Friday, November 2, 2012.