The City of Lafayette and Community Energy Solar are once again partnering to provide exciting opportunities for residents to advance clean energy by subscribing to a new Lafayette solar garden.
With this program, participants are not required to invest in solar panels or install them on homes. Community Energy Solar and the City of Lafayette are responsible for the project construction, and residents subscribe to receive solar metering credits. Through the Xcel Energy Solar*Rewards Community Program, Xcel continues to be residents’ utility provider as they always have, but subscribers receive a credit on monthly bills for the energy produced. In return for access to the solar subscription, participants pay Community Energy for the energy credits at a discounted rate.
How does Community Solar work?
• Community Solar builds a solar project in our community.
• You subscribe to a share of the local solar project at no up-front cost.
• You receive a typical electric bill from Xcel Energy as well as solar credits on that bill which may save you money. You pay Community Energy for those credits, at a discounted rate.
There are many benefits to joining a Community Solar program
• Receive credits on your Xcel Energy electric bill with the potential to save money.
• No equipment or solar panels on your property.
• No upfront capital investment required to purchase solar panels.
• Help to bring new, clean renewable energy to the region.
• Low income programs are also available to qualified applicants.
Community Energy Solar and the City of Lafayette
• Lafayette has been a partner of Community Energy’s community solar programs for many years. By the end of 2018, the City will be participating in four projects – including the large solar garden located on Baseline Road east of County Line Road.
• This upcoming project will be located in Lafayette on City-owned land. The City requested that subscriptions be offered to residential customers as well as commercial customers. Community Energy is working closely with the City of Lafayette to provide this opportunity to you!
To learn more about this program visit www.communitysolar.com/COL .
Applications will be accepted through July 15, 2018.