The Lafayette Public Library has partnered with Tech to Connect to support their mission to create heartfelt interaction for those in need of connection.
Tech to Connect provides Apple iPad devices for Boulder County older adults in need of connection, especially during COVID-19. Run by a small team of volunteers, they have placed over 80 donated iPads with older adults, who are using them to connect virtually with their families and friends, and to access the internet.
How does it work?
Tech to Connect identifies older adults in need, pairs them with donated devices, sets up customized apps, disinfects the devices, and drops them off at the Lafayette Library. Recipients of iPads are notified and are able to pick up their devices during Library hours.
What can I do if I know an older adult who needs an iPad?
Contact Kelli Oshel online, or call 303-604-3518, to provide us with details.
What can I do if I have an iPad to donate?
Contact Kelli Oshel online, or call 303-604-3518, to set up a time to donate during Library hours. Donations can only be accepted with prior arrangement.
- Device must have a camera.
- Device must not be locked with a password.
- AppleID and all other personal information must be deleted. Please do a "factory reset:" this will remove your personal data and passwords. To factory reset your iPad, Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Content and Settings. Tap Erase iPad and confirm. Apple Help
- Include covers, chargers, and cords that come with the device (if you have them).
iPad placement guidelines
- The person needs to have internet service/WiFi in their building or house.
- There is no charge to the iPad recipient.
Learn more about Tech to Connect