The City of Lafayette has been awarded a $42,838 grant from the Boulder County Sustainability Matching Grant Program. This funding will support the following projects;
- augmenting Boulder County Partners for a Clean Environment (PACE) business sustainability incentives
- marketing support for Lafayette's Green Business Program
- support for a part-time staff member
- the purchase of electric and handheld tools and native plants for volunteer open space restoration events
- the hosting of a community hard-to-recycle event
- the organization of an electric vehicle and eBike event in partnership with nearby municipalities.
This grant will help to create programs that meet Lafayette residents’ needs and support initiatives in the City's Sustainability Plan and City Council’s Strategic Priorities by providing our community with a more sustainable future. Boulder County’s Environmental Sustainability Matching Grant Program assists the county to leverage community resources for a coordinated, countywide approach to environmental sustainability.
Learn more about Lafayette’s sustainability goals and programs at lafayette-listens.com/sustainability-plan.