Due to staffing shortages caused by the national worker shortage and competition to hire lifeguards, opening day at the Great Outdoors Waterpark (GOWP) is being delayed one week and will occur on June 4, 2022. The difficult decision to delay the park opening was made with guest safety in mind and to ensure staffing and lifeguard ratios are met.
Join us for these great park amenities!
- Two, 21-foot high, flagship slides
- A zero-depth entry leisure pool
- A lazy river pool
- A lap/leisure pool
- A two-story Grand Eagle Dump Bucket that playfully spills water on visitors every few minutes
- An interactive play area that features various water play structures and two tot-sized kiddie slides
- The AquaArch climbing cargo net
- A 4,000 square-foot bathhouse that includes changing areas, inclusive changing rooms, and free lockers
- Concession stand
- Picnic tables, rentable canopies, and seating areas
The GOWP staff looks forward to helping bring fun to our community every summer and is extremely disappointed in these modifications. We appreciate your patience and look forward to sharing the summer with you at the waterpark.
Park hours beginning June 4
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10am-4pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am-8pm
Note: The GOWP will be closed on June 11, July 9, and July 23 for a swim meet
Looking for a summer job? You could be a lifeguard!
The Lafayette Recreation Department is still looking to hire lifeguards and is offering a minimum hourly rate of $15, a free recreation center pass, and the following incentives:
If employed May 28-July 31
Earn $15/hour minimum, an extra $1/hour for working over 18 hours weekly, and $1/hour extra for working on Saturdays and Sundays.
If employed Aug. 1-Sep. 5
$100 bonus every week you work over 15 hours.
Apply to be a lifeguard
More waterpark details
Find more information about operating hours, admission fees, reduced rate admission, special events, weather closures, rules and regulations, and rentals by visiting TheGOWP.com
Follow us on Facebook