Vector Disease Control International (VDCI) will be conducting mosquito control applications at:
- Waneka Lake Park on Thursday, Aug. 4 after 10pm
- Rothman Open Space on Thursday, Aug. 4 after 10pm
These applications will take place weather permitting. To report mosquito problems or concerns please call VDCI at 877-276-4306 or visit www.vdci.net/colorado.
The City of Lafayette contracts with VDCI to conduct surveillance of adult mosquito populations, help stop the spread of mosquito-borne diseases such as West Nile virus and reduce annoyance levels when have been surpassed. The goal is to provide the greatest level of pest control and disease vector mosquito populations while maintaining a balanced use of cultural, biological, and least-toxic chemical procedures that are environmentally compatible and economically feasible.
Protect yourself by following the 4D's
- Use DEET-enhanced insect repellent
- DRESS in long sleeves and pants
- Avoid the outdoors at DUSK and DAWN
- DRAIN standing water outside your home
Find more tips on how to protect you and your family from mosquitoes at lafayetteco.gov/Mosquito.