The Lafayette Energy Sustainability Advisory Committee (LESAC) and the Waste Reduction Advisory Committee (WRAC) have joined together to form the new Sustainability and Resilience Advisory Committee (SRAC). The City recognized it had grown beyond prioritizing waste and energy and wanted to take a holistic approach to address environmental sustainability in Lafayette. Appointed by City Council, SRAC advises on environmental policies, issues, activities, events, and impacts pertaining to sustainability and environmental resilience, including but not limited to those relating to accessibility, adaptation to climate change, resource conservation, urban development, buildings, greenhouse gas emissions, transportation, energy, air quality, water, and waste reduction for the benefit of all residents.
Desired Qualifications or Interests
- Enthusiasm to support Lafayette’s goal to progress sustainability and environmental resilience
- Knowledge of sustainability and environmental resilience practices
- Knowledge of Sustainability Plans and planning
- The nine members serve two-year terms. There are two alternate positions.
- Members are limited to serving two full consecutive terms, then must reapply for membership two or more years after completion of their second term.
- Meeting schedule will be determined at the first annual retreat for the Advisory Committee in January 2023.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Szorad Staff Liaison (Sustainability Manager) Phone: 303-661-1230.