City Council Meeting Recap
December 21, 2021
Stay engaged and keep informed of the issues your Lafayette elected officials are working on by following the City Council Meeting Recap. Subscribe here.
City Council has resumed in-person meetings. View ways to participate remotely and in person at lafayetteco.gov/CityCouncil
City’s Year in Review Video
Staff is pleased to present City Council with the annual Year in Review Video. This production recaps projects and successes experienced over the past 12 months. The video can be viewed at https://youtu.be/wJu2V7itA3U. A Spanish version is coming soon.
Denied 5-0: Resolution No. 2021-96 / Amendment to the City Council Handbook
At the December 7, 2021, City Council meeting, Council directed the City Attorney to prepare a resolution amending the City Council Handbook to formalize the Council meeting order of business. The motion presented on December 7, 2021, would require each meeting to be structured in a specific manner.
A motion was made and approved 5-0 to move the consent agenda up in the order of the agenda.
CONSENT AGENDA - Approved 5-0
Approval of the December 7, 2021 City Council Meeting Minutes
- In response to resident complaints regarding aircraft noise, Councilor Briggs and Mayor Mangat provided a presentation to the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport Advisory Board requesting Lafayette’s inclusion in the working group. The Board approved Lafayette to join and have representation.
- This is our last meeting of the year. Everyone is encouraged to take time to relax and reflect in anticipation of a big 2022. Please take care of yourself and your families.
- Judged the Sanchez Elem spelling bee. Very impressed with the participants.
- Happy holidays, stay safe. See you in 2022.
- An efficient meeting is nice, but it would be good to look into the flexibility of being able to react to and ask questions of the public.
- Happy birthday to Councilor Wong!
- Would like to request Council place an item on the Jan. 4 agenda to discuss endorsement of a Lafayette Council member to the Colorado Municipal League (CML) executive board.
Mayor Pro Tem Wong
- Happy holidays. Have a safe and healthy new year.