Work on the S. Boulder Road Multimodal Improvement Project will begin as soon as March 1.
Funded by a Colorado Department of Transportation grant, Boulder County’s countywide transportation sales tax, and City of Lafayette road funds, this project will improve S. Boulder Road, between the Saratoga/Merlin Drive intersection and 120th Street, with minor work on City Center Circle and on 120th Street, between approximately Eastwind Drive and Coal Creek.
Roadway improvements for this project include:
- Improving S. Boulder Road from the Saratoga/Merlin Drive intersection to 120th Street to accommodate a center turn lane, bike lanes, and a new 6-foot-wide sidewalk along S. Boulder Road.
- Constructing a new multi-use path (10-foot-wide sidewalk) along the south side of S. Boulder Road from the Saratoga/Merlin Drive intersection to 120th Street to improve multimodal connectivity to Alicia Sanchez Elementary School.
- Intermittent sidewalk improvements along City Center Circle from S. Boulder Road to the RTD Park-n-Ride.
- Reconstructing the LaMont Does Park parking lot.
- Burying overhead power lines along S. Boulder Road.
- Constructing a new signalized intersection at S. Boulder Road and 120th Street, and widening 120th Street at this intersection.
- Improving drainage along S. Boulder Road and 120th Street