City Council Meeting Recap
September 19, 2023
Stay engaged and keep informed of the issues your Lafayette elected officials are working on by following the City Council Meeting Recap. Subscribe here.
OPENING OF REGULAR MEETING
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Moment of Silence for Councilor Tonya Briggs
- September 5, 2023 City Council Meeting Minutes and Planning Commission Joint Workshop Summary
- August 28, 2023 City Council Workshop Summary
- Resolution No. 2023-46 / Intergovernmental Agreement with Boulder County for the Provision of Financial Assistance for Older Adults
- Contract / Green Landscape Solutions / South Boulder Road Median Xeriscape
- Items Pertaining to Special City Council Meetings for the Purpose of City Administrator Recruitment Matters:
- Motion to call a Special Meeting at 7:45pm on Tuesday, September 26, 2023, for an executive session to review records submitted by or on behalf of applicants for the City Administrator position, and waive personal service of meeting notice
- Motion to call a Special Meeting at 5:30pm on Friday, October 13, 2023, for an executive session to review records submitted by or on behalf of applicants for the City Administrator position, and waive personal service of meeting notice
Approved Constitution Week Proclamation/ September 17-23,2023
STAFF AND COUNCIL REMARKS
Held space for City Councilors and staff to share thoughts, remarks, and condolences in honor of Councilor Tonya Briggs. Each Councilor shared stories of Tonya’s passion, joy, kindness, tenacity, and devotion to the community. Mayor JD Magnat concluded the meeting by saying that we must all help Tonya’s legacy live on.
For a complete listing of all agenda items (in English and Spanish) and staff reports visit www.lafayetteco.gov/agendas.